Macbook pro m1
- How many GB is a MacBook Pro with M1 chip?
- How good is the new MacBook Pro M1’s camera?
- How good is handbrake on the MacBook Pro M1?
- How long does the MacBook Pro M1 last?
- How much RAM does the new MacBook Pro M1 have?
- Do you still use your old MacBook Pro M1 chip?
- What is the difference between the Apple M1 pro and M1 Max?
- Do I need more RAM with the Apple M1 chip?
- Does the new MacBook Air M1 have better camera quality?
- Is the MacBook Pro 13-inch (m1) m1 a big upgrade?
- What are the best Photoshop benchmarks for the M1 MacBook Pro?
- Should I buy a MacBook Pro M1 8gb/512gb?
- Does handbrake work on Apple M1 Pro/Max Mac?
- Is there a hardware acceleration benchmark for M1 Macs?
- How much faster is the M1 compared to an Intel Mac?
- How to play mkv files on M1 Mac?
- How long does the MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1) battery last?
- How long do MacBook laptops last?
- How good is the M1 MacBook Pros battery test score?
- Is the Apple M1 MacBook Pro 13-inch worth buying?
How many GB is a MacBook Pro with M1 chip?
The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites. Configuration tested: Apple M1 chip, 8GB memory, 512GB storage. MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip: Testing conducted by Apple in October 2020 using preproduction 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with Apple M1 chip, 8GB of RAM, and 512GB SSD.
How good is the new MacBook Pro M1’s camera?
I put the new MacBook Pro M1 side by side with my old MacBook Pro and took a selfie with their webcams in my home office, and the difference was literally night and day. Even with very little ambient light the MacBook Pro M1’s camera captured a much brighter and clearer shot of my face.
How good is handbrake on the MacBook Pro M1?
The MacBook Pro M1 smoked all of its competitors on our Handbrake video editing test, which involves transcoding a 4K clip to 1080p. For this test the application is optimized for Apple Silicon. The MacBook Pro M1 took only 7 minutes and 46 seconds to complete this task, compared to 18:22 for the XPS 13 and 17:51 for the ZenBook 13.
How long does the MacBook Pro M1 last?
The MacBook Pro M1 also outlasted the excellent MacBook Air M1, which endured for 14 hours and 40 minutes. The Windows competition is not close. The Dell XPS 13 lasted 11:07 and the Asus ZenBook 13 hit 13:47.
How much RAM does the new MacBook Pro M1 have?
Following that revolutionary move, Apple is taking a two-pronged approach with M1 Pro and M1 Max, the latest chips powering the new 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pros. M1 tops out at 16GB of RAM, which is not enough for many pro users. The M1 Pro and Max support up to 64GB of RAM, making them the ideal choice for pro users.
Do you still use your old MacBook Pro M1 chip?
My previous MacBook was the 2011 model and it still works today, but after 10 years it became too slow and the trackpad had trouble clicking, so after a TON of research, I decided to pull the trigger and get the New MacBook Pro with the M1 chip.
What is the difference between the Apple M1 pro and M1 Max?
To complete the M1 family, the M1 Max is Apple’s largest chip yet, with 57 billion transistors and the same 10-core CPU and 16-core Neural Engine as the M1 Pro. The GPU can feature up to 32 cores. It also has an enhanced media engine and two ProRes accelerators, making it the ideal chip for anyone working with high-definition video.
Do I need more RAM with the Apple M1 chip?
In the apple M1 chip the CPU, RAM, SSD, and GPU are all on the same chip. On top of that macOS has been optimized amazingly for M1 chips. I would wager that 95% of users do not need the extra ram in this machine.
Does handbrake work on Apple M1 Pro/Max Mac?
Apples silicon SoC M-series chips have been used on several Mac models, including MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, and mini released since 2020. The good news is that Handbrake released V1.4.0 with the support for Apple Silicon based Macs. However, there are still users getting errors when using Handbrake on M1 Pro/Max Mac.
Is there a hardware acceleration benchmark for M1 Macs?
I have heard that this hardware acceleration has finally come over to Macs with the new M1 series chips. I would like to ask someone with an M1 Mac to try out the following benchmark: 1. Download the 30MB 720p sample video from here. See post #19 for better test files 2. Open Handbrake. Try using the beta meant for M1 Macs found here 3.
How much faster is the M1 compared to an Intel Mac?
The M1 flies at hardware encoding. It smokes my i9 iMac. It is between 3-4x faster (FPS wise) at H265 transcodes. It loses in video quality to the Intel Mac at hardware encoding though.
How to play mkv files on M1 Mac?
Open Handbrake. Try using the beta meant for M1 Macs found here 3. Drag the video file onto the Handbrake window 4. Choose the preset Matroska > H.265 MKV 720p30 (edit: apparently this uses software encoding, see discussion below)